Friday, July 10

Really Is..

What a shame
The greatest love I've ever felt
Resorted to a poetry war
Directly indirect
This is not about you
But it sounds so familiar
We don't want to spice things up, just chill
But we keep making it bitter
The mess I made will not soon be forgotten
But I came back twice because I haven't forgotten
About how everything you said made my smile grow wider
And every step I take is worth a hundred dollars
I wish I could feel like I did before
When we curled up in the hotel bathroom floor
Do you remember?
When you would never let go
While we slept in until the sun would show
Now it feels like I don't fit your mold
I pulled away when it's your hand I want to hold
And now you're thinking twice about keeping me
Weeping me, sitting on the curb because I can't see
How I could be the one keeping anyone from "me being me"
You want me to care, but you don't want me to ask
You want to move forward but all you do is push me back on the wall
I guess I deserve it all
Tell me how happy you would be if I wasn't here
And how your next will whisper in your ear
And I know I'll learn to be happy without you too
But I'll never admit that to you

0 comments: