Friday, July 10

Between You and I

Between you and I
The tides get so high
I want to drown
And slip into the most welcomed demise
In your arms
Is love really truer when inflicted with harm?
Do I deserve your love less
Because I try to keep the warmth?
Friction
Keep me insulated
I would never leave your heart mutilated
Look at what we've orchestrated
Organized crime
We stole each other's heart and time
And attention
You make it so full
You give my heart distention
About to burst out of my sternum
My lungs fill with your breath
The toxin that enables each syllable's depth
You take all the noise out and poetry is left
Mind-meld, effortless synchronicity
Baby you must be a verb the way you move me
You don't have to say a word
Just look up at the sky
I'll whisper in your ear
Just between you and I

0 comments: