Friday, July 10

My Favorite Fatal Mistake

I was not aware that I would think about you before every decision
And make your smile my daily mission
Not aware that every movement I make
Would be influenced by every breath you take
My young pockets, seemingly allergic to money
Well they found the antihistamine in the joint account you set up for
me
Is it wrong to find freedom in being locked up in your arms?
You disarmed all of my alarms
You know what, fuck it baby
I love the responsibility
That half of the bills rest on me
That when I order food, it's always for two, sometimes three
I can't imagine losing this, you and me
How I would function without you will be a mystery
I mean don't get me wrong, I will live
I know this world HAS to have something else to give
But
Losing you would be like losing a leg
I would still walk, but every limp will just remind me of the words you
would've said
And my casual distractions would be my crutch
It would help but let's face it
I'd never love them as much
And don't you know how costly it is to cook for one?
No one to hide in the covers with from the morning sun
Damn doesn't sound too much fun
How would you expect me to be without you?
I should have known from the start that this would be a catch 22
Once you get me I know there's no escape
You're my favorite fatal mistake

0 comments: