Friday, July 10

Hangtime

Stuck in mid-relationship air
You can choose when it's time to care
And be unfair
When you don't like what you hear
Don't you know I still cry
Every night that you're not mine?
But that doesn't matter, right?
Right beside me you lay
But you're really miles away
I might as well be on Mars
Leave me alone with my scars
And the thinnest atmosphere
How do you always make me wish I wasn't here
But make me love you altogether?
I used to wish we'd be together forever
And I still do
Except this time I know it won't come true
Now everytime you attack me
I'm the one acting funny
How is it that I know what steps to take
But still feel like I need to pay for my mistakes?
How long do I have to wait
Until I hear what you have to say?
And you say you see the future in me
But I'm nameless when you speak of your history
Like I'm a speck of dust in time
Eventually forgotten like how I made you smile
You want me to love you unconditionally
But I can't expect the same for me
I hurt you, and yes I deserve to pay
But when will love returned come my way?
You make me cry on your command
When I should smile when you hold my hand
To force it out of you
Is not what I want to do
But say if there's a chance that you'll be mine
Or if I'm just wasting my time

0 comments: