Tuesday, March 18

Just Me.. being sprung like a chicken

You don't know how happy you make me
I know I don't seem excited all the time
But you touch me
I'm just not expressive, and I'm sorry
You truly are a blessing to me, baby
I'm still not used to knowing
That someone out there is always thinking
Of me
And every little thing I do
Affects you
And I may fail you sometimes
But I'm always willing to work on it
We may argue and try to scream and shout
But our happy days are what a relationship is all about
You would never just ignore me
Even though I know that would be easier
You'd rather talk things out until they're better
And I know I'm not the most graceful lady
I can't count how many times I've scratched
Or hit you accidentally
I'm sorry
And all the dreams you have, I'm in it
House by the beach, Laker game seats
Cruise to Hawaii, trip to Paris
I've never planned my life like this
Even though materialistic, it's really not
Because we both plan on sharing it
With people that matter to us
And when you write about me
I promise you will never be played out
Because I know there's always something
New we can talk about
And I love the person you are
You're my north star
You show me the way to my destination
You don't know it, but you're my inspiration
You're the water to my constipation
Haha, I just want to make you smile
You can choose to put up with me, and I'll make it worth your while
Because I might be lame and irresponsible sometimes
But you should know you occupy all my time and tight rhymes
And I think about you all the time, especially when the songs play
When I hear Coco Rosie, Lupe Fiasco and Kanye
Even when I go on KarmaLoop.com
I keep having flashbacks of coming home to you
Sights of making corned beef and rice
PB&J's and Cefiore on ice
And I may never look at a computer the same again
I'll always think about City of Heroes and Villains
I hope I can always make you happy
I'd love for the smile on your face be because of me
And when you reach for your own dreams
I'll be the sexy head cheerleader of your team
Not only that, I'll be the co-pilot
Make you lunch on whatever budget
I'll learn how to cook like Emeril
I can touch all the bases and time will be on a standstill
BAM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thx for making me feel special once again.

belle said...

haha this was dope!