Friday, March 7

Fake

Don't come any closer, I don't want you to see what I really am
I'm a hollographic image meant to shroud something unpleasant
Even though I was not aware of this before today
There's nothing much that I can do, especially nothing I can say
To excuse myself from acting and being like how I am right now
Yea, maybe you're too good for me, I see you sitting on a cloud
And I shouldn't be around you, but I'll do everything I can
Even though apparently I don't have an idea as to who I am
I didn't know that I was things that I shouldn't really be
And that I should be some things in order for me to be me
I don't know if that makes sense, but fuck it, this is my rant
I'll show you exactly what I do, and say whatever I fucking want
I'm a child, I like to play games like hide-and-seek
I might tell you a little lie everytime I get to speak
Caving in and not responding is something I have learned to do
But never fucking tell me if what I feel is pseudo-true
I'm ungrateful to my parents, and I blame them for my shit
I don't like who I'm turning out to be, I just can't stomach it
A few weeks ago, I thought I knew exactly who I am
But now all my views of myself are broken on the ground
And the new buildings that tower up are of negativity
And I can't help but wonder if this is really me