Friday, February 29

When I Can Smile

I used to write beautiful words about you.
Things you never seem to feel for me.
I used to love you like
If I didn't, I can't breathe.
And then I met a boy.
And he taught me to enjoy
That sometimes it's alright
To have someone love me.
And all of a sudden,
The songs we used to sing
They don't hurt as much
I no longer want your touch.
And he held me in the rain
Like he would never again
Like if he let go
He couldn't bear the pain.
And his kisses say to me
"I love you for who you are"
And I will never cry again
On my guitar.
But I am still here
Sitting here for the while.
And I can't wait for the day
When I can smile.

2 comments:

belle said...

omg i love this one....it sounds sad but has hope at the end.

Anonymous said...

this is hot..
I'm burning up.