Thursday, February 14

Moment of Weakness

Breathe in slow death as I look up in the sky
Tastes like new breath as the swirls dance in the night
This is the place where my mother buries her dreams
When there is no hope for tomorrow it seems
I choke in the moment, but I feel so alive
The air on my skin; flickering candle light
No there's no mistake, nothing is alright
I'm distracted from my life, something's blocking my sight
Oh here it is-- my hand on my eyes
My defense mechanism: pretending to be blind
I'm too smart for myself, I know better than that
Sometimes I wish I wasn't
And I think God or whoever--whatever-- did not mean for us to fly
Because falling into the abyss is something we'd try
Just because we know we can save ourselves
No, we're meant to crawl in our lives to build our strength
We start from the bottom of the pit so we can cover much length
And then
I exhale.. another breath wasted on silly thoughts
No sense in counting all the glances I caught
This will be the place where I bury my dreams
But I'm still young enough to have hope so it seems

2 comments:

belle said...

wow i am so amazed. so dark yet so intriguing. love you geeeee

belle said...

i love this. i had to read it a few more times to understand it haha