Sunday, January 13

Inadequate

I must have been mistaken
Maybe you're not who I thought you were
I might have eased in too quickly
That we have a lot that we both share

I always knew that acceptance
Doesn't always go both ways
But I receive everyone in all forms
In all attitudes, in any day

You know what you want
A girl who likes to look good
From the way she wears her hair
To the shoe in every foot

You want that confidence
You want that female of your dreams
You like the L's and V's on her purse
And her cute little color schemes


But this is me, and I'm not sorry
I have three hair styles at the most
I wear my make up very lightly
I don't wear anything to boast

I like to wear fitted caps
And I like the jerseys of my teams
I like my scruffy little Chucks
Unlike the girl who's in your dreams

So yea, I wake up in the morning
I don't think, "shit I'm so hot"
But I know that I'm not ugly
I just can't be who I am not

I'm still starting to expand my taste
In clothes and other material things
From the purses, to the shoes
To the necklaces, to the rings

Even though I'm shocked to hear this
I appreciate your honesty
I'd just hate to find out one day
That you're embarrassed to be seen with me

I'd still like you regardless
I respect what you feel you need
But I love myself, with whatever I have on
Now if only you'd feel the same about me

0 comments: