Friday, January 18

The Cycle

There's you
When I wake up in the morning
Eye boogers and everything
I think I hear the birds singing
But no, it's just me sinking
Into the pit in my stomach
Like caterpillars that reconstruct
Into majestic butterflies, and with luck
This "you-and-me" thing will get stuck
Into the pages of history
And everyone will eventually see
What real love is supposed to be
And in the end there's still you and me
And the day goes into motion
I will hold you like the ocean
In an embrace with one notion
Divine mutual comprehension
We both know that this is right
We're together but we won't lose sight
Of our individual black and white
Now the daytime turns to night
We kiss gently in your den
Away from the talks of CNN
In our little paradise and then
I say that I can't wait for tomorrow when
There's you

1 comments:

belle said...

omg. i love it! gee you're brilliant!