Sunday, January 13

I Like You, DUH.

I like the way you open my eyes to new possibilities.
I like how you got me feeling comfortable with me just being me.
How you want to know what I think about things that come to mind.
How we check for the Lakers score in the middle of the night.
I like that you're taller, and I have to tip-toe to kiss you.
How we find that superheroes are a great subject to argue.
I like the fact that you got me writing poetry again,
And I like that you have a son that got me into Ben 10.
I like that you exert the effort to get to know all of my friends,
And that you don't mind that we spill liquor on your carpet now and then.
How punctual you are, in whatever that is planned.
And that you're passionate about music even though it breaks you time and again.

1 comments:

belle said...

see we write poetry not to impress anybody. not because we want to become great poets. we just do it for fun. haha